Friday, September 9, 2011

My Chuck It List

Many of you probably know what a bucket is, thanks to a movie of the same name. Blogger Heidi Ferrer decided to make an anti-bucket list which ultimately ended up being called the f*ck it list. I have mixed feelings about dropping the f-bomb on my blog, so I'm going to rename mine the chuck-it list, which still rhymes but is less controversial. It's the things that I'm chucking off of my list the things I want to accomplish in my life.

Since much of our class is devoted to setting goals for things we do want to accomplish, it's an interesting exercise to think about those we don't care about. So without further ado, here's mine:

1). I don't care if I never go skydiving because throwing yourself out of a plane just seems like a terrible idea.

2). I don't care if I act like a ninny when there's a spider, mouse, cockroach or other pest around. That's what dads and boyfriends are for.

3). I don't care if I never become famous. I used to want to be famous, but nowadays I think it just seems like a hassle. Plus most famous people seem like real jerks to me.

4). I don't care if my tattoos get saggy or wrinkly when I get older. They look good now, they'll mean something to me later and they're for me not for you.

5). I don't care if people think I'm a crazy dog lady. Because it's probably true and also my dog is cooler than a lot of people.

6). I don't care if my singing voice is horrible. I sing for my pleasure, not yours.

7). I don't care if I never get rid of my addiction to Diet Coke. Life is too short to deny yourself everything. a). At least I'm not a crackhead and, b). I'm going to die someday with or without the help of Diet Coke.

8). I don't care if I never respect Texas. I just don't.

9). I don't care if I consider napping a hobby. It's relaxing.

10). I don't care if I never develop a taste for seafood or gamey meats. Why should I force myself to eat something when there is an abundance of other edible things that don't make me feel queasy.

I stopped myself at 10, but once I got going I could think of a few more that I would have put on there. Hmmm maybe I should have put "I don't care if I talk too much and write too much". ANYHOOTERS...what about you? What's on your f*ck it list?

No comments:

Post a Comment